- Highly effective in very cold temperatures (as low as -18 °C) compared to traditional rock salt
- Leaves behind very little residue, meaning no time wasted cleaning up, and is not likely to be tracked inside buildings
- Fast acting, making it great for sudden snowfall or overnight frost
- Environmentally friendly as it doesn't cause chloride pollution
This Technical Grade Magnesium Chloride is supplied in 25 kg bags and has a lowest effective temperature of -18 °C. Solid magnesium chloride is a hexahydrate salt, meaning it is 53% water by weight. It dissolves quickly once applied on the ice and loses its melting ability after a relatively short period because of the high dilution. Therefore, bigger quantities must be applied to deliver ice melting capacity to remove excessive amounts of snow and ice from the likes of driveways, pavements and roads.
As well as being fast acting, magnesium chloride leaves behind little to no residue, making it easy to clean up after. Over exposure to magnesium chloride de-icer can harm lawns and other plants if it is over-applied or large quantities are directly applied to grass or vegetation.
Discounts available on larger quantities.
- Supplied in 25kg bags
- Effective in colder temperatures (as low as -18°C)
- 53% water by weight
- Hygroscopic material that attracts moisture from its surroundings
- Exothermic - Draws heat from the surroundings to form an ice-melting brine
- Over exposure to greenery can harm lawns and other plants
- Delivered with tail lift and pallet truck
- Discounts available on larger quantities