This listing is for 1000 Litres of Viaform Non-Corrosive Liquid De-Icer supplied in a 1000 litre IBC. A Smith Performance Field King Pro Sprayer is also included.
This Viaform Non-Corrosive Liquid De-Icer comes supplied in a 1000 litre IBC and is fitted with a discharge valve for efficient storage and emission. This potassium formate based solution has been developed to effectively remove ice and snow from airport runways, railway platforms and other corrosion sensitive areas.
Viaform works to very low temperatures and possesses an even particle size which enables resourceful spreading in a liquid format. Along with de-icing thinner ice layers, it can also be used as a preventive application ahead of impending bad weather.
Viaform is not harmful to humans, animals or plants meaning it can be spread in places with a large amount of wildlife and foliage. It possesses a lower oxygen demand than urea, glycol and potassium acetate based de-icers.
- Eco-friendly and non-corrosive Viaform De-Icer
- Supplied in a 1000 Litre IBC (fitted with discharge valve)
- Effectively clears airport runways, railway platforms and other corrosion sensitive areas free from ice and snow
- Works to very low temperatures and possesses an even particle size
- Even spreading in a liquid format
- Can also be used as a preventive application ahead of impending bad weather
- Not harmful to humans, animals or plants
- Will not contribute to the eutrophication of lakes and rivers
- Discounts available on larger quantities
- Customers' responsibility to safely unload the IBC - forklift or similar equipment is required
This environmentally-friendly de-icer is not based on any nitrogen salts and will therefore not contribute to the eutrophication of lakes and rivers. Eutrophication is when a body of water becomes overly enriched with minerals and nutrients which facilitate the excessive growth of algae.
Discounts are available on larger quantities.
Please Note: This product weighs in excess of 800kg and will need to be safely unloaded from the delivery vehicle using a forklift truck. By marking the ‘Delivery Information’ checkbox, you are confirming that you have a forklift truck or similar piece of equipment on site to unload the IBC. If you are unable to meet this requirement, then please see our Related Products below as an alternative solution.
Liquid De-Icers - De-Icing Guidelines/Suggested De-Icing Rates
Please find below approximate quantities for preventative treatments of frost, ice and snow conditions. Given the variables involved, these are offered as a guideline only.
0°C to -5°C
20 ml /m²
0°C to -5°C
40 ml /m²