Designed for off-road operation, this towable Salt Spreader is ideal for use in distribution centres, manufacturing plants and factory sites. Compatible with tugs such as forklifts and shunter wagons, it features a 0.8m³ mild steel hopper which can accommodate approximately 1000kg of salt. This makes it practical for use with our 1 tonne bags of salt which are easy and clean to store, therefore making hopper filling efficient and time-productive.
It has an adjustable spread width ranging from 1.8m to 15m and is fitted with a unique POZI-FEED stainless steel auger system which enables the product to spread both dry and wet salt (white or brown).
The low-maintenance and weatherproof design includes an enclosed engine and hydraulic system to reduce salt damage, whilst the hydraulic circuit is powered by an on-board electric start engine. All metal work is blast cleaned, prior to being zinc rich powder primed and completed in a polyester powder coated finish for maximum resistance against the outdoor elements.
- Trailed salt spreader
- Designed for off-road use in distribution centres and manufacturing plants
- Low maintenance design with little material waste
- Very simple and easy to maintain chassis design
- 0.8m³ Mild Steel Hopper (1 tonne capacity)
- Practical for use with 1 tonne bags of salt
- Robust construction - metal work is blast cleaned, prior to being zinc rich powder primed and completed in a polyester powder coated finish
- Hydraulically driven stainless-steel disc, with adjustable spread width from 1.8m to 15m
- Manually adjustable spread width valve (graduated)
- Symmetric and asymmetric patterns achievable using a manually adjustable chute
- Stainless Steel “Pozi-Feed” double augers providing positive salt feed even with wet material, driven hydraulically through a heavy-duty high load hydraulic motor
- Pozi-Feed augers run in maintenance free nylon bushes
- Manually adjustable application rate valve (graduated)
- 60-litre hydraulic tank c/w canister type spin-on return line filter, breather cap and sight gauge
- Hydraulically powered from an on-board key start Yanmar L70 diesel auxiliary engine with battery
- Self-powered control box on a wander lead from the spreader to start and stop the spreading action,
- Control box is fitted with a magnet for easy mounting onto the shunter/tug vehicles dashboard.
- Electrical power is generated to operate the control valve via the on-board key start Yanmar L70V auxiliary engine
- Auger reverse switch
- Heavy duty 50mm ball coupling
- Un-braked and un-sprung heavy duty axle
- Heavy duty road going wheels and tyres
- Plastic mudguards
- Prop stand wheel
- Galvanized mesh screen
- Stainless steel fasteners used where possible
- Fluorescent markings on the rear for high visibility
The heavy duty tyres provide excellent performance in snowy and icy conditions, with the plastic mudguards safeguard the spreader, other vehicles and pedestrians from mud and other flying debris thrown into the air by the rotating tyres.
The self-powered control box helps eliminate unnecessary wastage, whilst the fluorescent markings on the rear of the spreader provide excellent visibility.
Please Note: The trailer is not type approved for use on road.
There is the option to add either 25kg bags or 1 tonne bags of white rock salt or brown de-icing salt. The 25kg bags are available in quantities of 42, whilst up to 10 x 1 tonne bags can be added to your order.
Please Note: If you add rock salt to your order, this will arrive in a separate delivery to the spreader and within 10-15 working days.