Our innovative FloodSax inhibit floodwater from entering homes, shops and businesses. They are also suitable for soaking up leaks and spills inside a building or in areas that are particularly difficult to reach such as underneath faulty radiators or boilers.
A row of FloodSax Sandless Sandbags will keep around 20cms (8 inches) of water out and are used worldwide by emergency services, environmental agencies, facilities management companies and emergency planning managers as an effective and rapid response to flood defence, flood mitigation and flood prevention.
This self-inflating product expands by absorbing the liquid to become taut within three minutes, therefore making it ideal for a range of flood protection measures including liquid diversion and providing a robust barrier for doors and entrances. Each bag will absorb up to 22 litres of water. Once activated, FloodSax will remain inflated for several weeks. If it's looking like it's starting to deflate, just run a hosepipe over it for a few moments until it's full again.
- Eco-friendly, innovative and robust flood defence solution
- Supplied in packs of 5
- Protects homes, shops and businesses from costly damage
- Suitable for soaking up leaks and spills in hard to reach places
- Used worldwide by emergency services, environmental agencies and facilities management companies
- Semi-porous inner liner which contains a gelling polymer that absorbs water to become expanded and firm in just over 3 minutes
- Will absorb up to 22 litres of water per bag
- Once activated, FloodSax will remain inflated for several weeks
- Designed to mould into doorways to keep floodwater out
- Lightweight - each standard bag weighs just 0.2kg (7 ounces) prior to expansion
- Large quantities can be transported in a vehicle, saving on fuel, wages and manpower
- Simple to store away and can be vacuum-packed
- Absorbs many different types of liquid
- 5 year shelf life
Supplied in packs of 5, FloodSax are extremely user-friendly as each standard bag weighs just 0.2kg (7 ounces) prior to expansion. This means they can be used by people who would not ordinarily be able to lift conventional sandbags. Large quantities of FloodSax can be transported to the scene by one person in a car or a van. Alternatively, they can be easily stored on site and vacuum-packed to save even more space.
FloodSax are also beneficial to the environment as they don’t require sand - one of the earth’s natural resources. After they’ve been used, they can be simply and easily disposed of swiftly in landfill sites where they will decompose over time. In comparison, a typical sandbag is often messy to clean up after the floodwater has subsided.